Tuesday, May 06, 2008

grossology

I worked on an animated series last year called grossology, for Nelvana as a location designer. The day to day worker bee feeling of being in a big studio got old pretty quick, but the people i met were great and it gave me the motivation to get back to my focus as a comics illustrator.
The original designers of the series, Nick Sung and Daniela Strijleva based the look of the series on the work of Saul Bass. They were a real source of inspiration for me in my time on the show. Daniela espiecally taught me a lot about composition and design and maybe more importantly showed me that, for our own sake as artists, to take pride in the work we do. Even under less than ideal circumstances.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home